I think it's going to work out. Jake stayed at school all day (though it was a minimum day).. so guess what? I got to complete my errands...like this one:
Went to Barns Ignoble to buy a present for a friend (Squid actually.. her birthday is soon, uhm, now, actually, so go wish her a happy day!) and I went in, read the backs or jackets of several books, read a few more, selected two, went to the counter, waited in line, paid and went back to my car and pulled out of the space,,, and exactly 8 minutes has passed.. What? Seriously? I can do all of that in 8 minutes? Amazing.
When I went back to Nanny's house she asked me if I had taken a nap, "You look so well -rested. What did you do?"
In no particular order, here are the things I completed while I had "alone time" for the first time since August:
- went to the grocery store
- returned my rental car
- picked up my Not-so-mini Van from the shop
- went to the library to select books for home-bound patrons
- went to the book store
- folded (at least) two loads of laundry
- put away at least 50 board books scattered across the floor
- vacuumed under the cushions of both couches
- vacuumed the entire upstairs of my house
- polished a section of the hardwood floor
- emptied a very full dishwasher
- loaded it again to the max
- curled my hair
- brushed all of my teeth
- put on makeup
- changed my clothing
- talked to the gardener
- pulled some weeds
- went to the bathroom by myself
- cleaned out the fridge
- got the mail
- took out the trash
- paid some bills
- put medicine in the dog's ear
- checked my email
- checked every one's blogs
- visited with Sage and Ki
- read more submissions for Canisitwithyou.blogspot.com
- talked to my sister, my mom and someone from Sears.
three hours and thirteen minutes?
That's all I need folks.