16 Random Things about Me (written in December 2008)
- I love recessed lighting, especially if the "cans" can be dimmed.
- I get bored in Paris.
- I love taking road trips with my husband.
- I would have been one of the pioneers and formed a wagon train if I had been born in that time period. I think I would have loved homesteading.
- I can barely tolerate little girls who scream.
- I would insert the Internet into my head if I could, or at least a really good search engine, even if it were a little bit risky.
- I want to call myself a writer and not smirk after I say it.
- I prefer white lights on Christmas trees, but colored lights on houses.
- I want to travel for my 40th birthday to a place where I do not speak the language *at all* and if possible to a place where I do not recognize their alphabet
- I love the view from my house, but sometimes I wonder what it's like to live on flat ground where one can walk out onto nice flat sidewalks.
- I always ask, "Where do they go the bathroom?" when watching things like balloon races, around the world plane tours, small boat regattas, and Times Square on New Year's Eve.
- If I say "I love you." I mean it, even if I say it often and seemingly to many people.
- I cried while watching the John Adams mini-series on HBO...several times. I wept when the states ratified the Constitution. I have a flag flying at my house (but I'm a Democrat! Ha!)
- I always plan for the worst thing to happen. Sometimes I need to remind myself that nothing bad has happened.
- I don't like chocolate that much, but add caramel or nuts and I might bite.
- I think envy is the greatest sin of all, and I rebuke myself whenever I am ensnared.
and a few more for good measure:
- I have always wanted to live in a 'flat' with a metal fire escape.
- I keep buying all of the tools I need to become a great artist, but have yet to complete an oil painting larger than 4"x4".
- I would label everything in my house/life if I didn't think that I might then be labeled OCD.
- I don't regret much, because I am genuinely thankful for the lessons I have learned, but I rarely forgive myself.
- I can remember being two years old very clearly.
- I hate unloading the dishwasher.
- I still have hopes of playing the piano fluently.
and now I have been self-indulgent enough for all of 2009. If you need to know anything else, just ask.